reds room

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

THE CREATION OF A NEW WORD

I tuned into Rush Limbaugh the other day and he was doing a monologue on the "elite". The people he was referring to were Clinton, Cher, Striesand, Alec Baldwin, and others of the same ilk who feel that it is only their opinion that actually matter and nobody should have the gall to question it. I guess they base this feeling on their earnings, or star power, or what they feel is their major contributions to life as a whole, Thusly making their utterances gospel.
The following day a listener took him to task regarding the definition of "elite". After listening to both of them hem and haw, each espousing Multiple usages of the word, I decided that there was a need for a "new word" to define the above type of people (we all know some). Henceforth they will be :
E-LITE; n, adj. Having the same appearance as the real product (ie LITE BEER) but lacking 90% of the defining substance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home